Raynham Stables Riding School
Raynham Stables is dedicated to developing safe, well-rounded riders. We offer lessons to riders ages 6+ to adults and all levels, from non-riders to advanced show riders. Our dedicated instructors and talented, well-trained school horses can help you meet your riding goals.
Riders begin with a solid foundation on the flat, learning how to walk, trot and canter and ride basic school figures. Once their instructor feels they are capable, riders have the option to add jumping lessons (if so, their lessons will alternate between dressage and jumping). As riders continue to progress, they have the opportunity to part-board or lease one of our lovely school horses, and participate in our competition program.
Lindsay Mahon, EC Coach Specialist (Eventing) & Nicole Maclellan, EC Competition Coach are our head coaches and all of our instructors are qualified and experienced.
2021/2022 Session Dates
We run our lesson program in sessions. Each fall, we redo our lesson schedule based on client availability. Scheduling this way allows us to create cohesive group lessons, as well as a balanced workload for our wonderful school horses. Riding is a year-round sport, so the schedule ideally remains the same from September - June. If you do need to make a change to your riding time or discontinue with classes, we ask for three weeks notice prior to the end of the session. Summer lessons are scheduled separately as individual bookings so riders can pick the days/weeks that they are available during the busy summer months (and avoid scheduling make-ups!). We accept new riders at any time, space permitting. Contact us to schedule an introductory lesson!
- Fall Session: Tuesday, September 7th - Sunday, December 19th
- Closed Sun. Oct 10th for Thanksgiving, and Sat, Oct 30th for the Halloween Schooling Show
- Winter Session*: Monday, January 3rd - Sunday, March 13th
- Spring Session: Monday, March 21st - Sunday, June 26th
- Closed Sun, April 17th for Easter, and Sat. April 30th for the Spring Schooling Show
- Summer Session: Monday, July 4th - Sunday, August 28th (booked separately through our online scheduler)
Please note, riding is a year-round sport for both progression and safety. We cannot hold lesson times for students that stop lessons in the fall and wish to start up again in the spring. Priority for lessons times will go to those planning to ride year-round.
All students should familiarize themselves with our Riding School Policies and fill out our new Online Waiver and Contact Form.
All riders are expected to arrive 3o min before the start of their lesson to groom and saddle their horse. Riders should also plan for an an additional 30 min after the lesson to property cool out, groom/bathe their horse, clean their tack and tidy up their grooming area.
Private Lessons : 1 rider, 30 min. Recommended for new or advanced/competition riders. Once approved, riders should mount 15 min before the start of your lesson time to warm up). Want more details on private lessons? Check out our blog post!
Semi-Private Lessons: 2 riders, 50 min. Recommended for beginner or advanced riders.
Group Lessons: 4 - 5 riders, 50 min. Recommended for advanced beginner and above level riders. Riders will be group based on age and ability. We always work to ensure our riders are continually progressing while still ensuring safety & fun!
All pricing includes HST. Lesson packages are pro-rated for new students starting mid-session. Our longer Fall & Spring sessions will be billed in TWO installments in case we have another lockdown.
- Multi-Lesson Discount - $5.00/off per lesson for siblings or riders taking multiple lessons per week.
- Lesson packages must be paid for by the second class of the session or you will be billed the per-lesson rate or may lose your spot in the schedule.
- We accept cash, cheque or e-Transfer. As our pricing has not been adjusted to include credit card processing fees, a 3% fee applies if you wish to pay by Visa/MasterCard.
- Lesson fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. If we have another shut down due to Covid-19, any outstanding lessons will be saved as a credit on your account.
- During the longer fall and spring sessions, payment can be made in two installments.
- Pay-as-you-go lessons are subject to availability and are $10 more per class than the package rate.
- Single Group Lesson = $75
- Single Private Lesson = $90
- Single Group Lesson = $75