Raynham Stable Riding School
Raynham Stables is dedicated to developing safe, well-rounded riders. We offer lessons to riders ages 6+ to adults and all levels, from non-riders to advanced show riders. Our dedicated instructors and talented, well-trained school horses can help you meet your riding goals.
Riders begin with a solid foundation on the flat, learning how to walk, trot and canter and ride basic school figures. Once their instructor feels they are capable, riders have the option to add jumping lessons (if so, their lessons will alternate between dressage and jumping).
Lindsay Mahon, EC Coach Specialist (Eventing) & Nicole Maclellan, EC Competition Coach are our head coaches and all of our instructors are qualified and experienced.
2020/2021 Session Dates
We run our lesson program in sessions. Each fall, we redo our lesson schedule based on client availability. Scheduling this way allows us to create cohesive group lessons, as well as balance our wonderful school horses work-loads. Riding is a year-round sport, so the schedule ideally remains the same from September - June. Summer lessons are scheduled separately as individual bookings so riders can pick the days/weeks that they are available during the busy summer months (and avoid scheduling make-ups!). We accept new riders at any time, space permitting. Contact us to schedule an introductory lesson!
- Fall Session: Tuesday, September 8th - Sunday, December 20th
- Winter Session*: Saturday, January 2nd - Friday, March 12th
- Spring Session: Saturday, March 20th - Sunday, June 27th
- Summer Session: Monday, July 5th - Sunday, August 28th (Booked separately through our online scheduler)
All students should familiarize themselves with our Riding School Policies and fill out our new Online Waiver and Contact Form.
All pricing includes HST. Lesson packages can be pro-rated for new students starting mid-session.
- Multi-Lesson Discount - $5.00/off per lesson for siblings or riders taking multiple lessons per week.
- Lesson packages must be paid for by the second class of the session or you will be billed the per-lesson rate or may lose your spot in the schedule.
- We accept cash, cheque or e-Transfer. As our pricing has not been adjusted to include credit card processing fees, a 3% fee applies if you wish to pay by Visa/MasterCard.
- Lesson fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. If we have another shut down due to Covid-19, any outstanding lessons will be saved as a credit on your account.
- During the longer fall and spring sessions, payment can be made in two installments.
All riders are expected to arrive 3o min before the start of their lesson to groom and saddle their horse. Riders should also plan for an an additional 30 min after the lesson to property cool out, groom/bathe their horse, clean their tack and tidy up their grooming area.
Private Lessons : 1 rider, 30 min. Recommended for new or advanced/competition riders. Once approved, riders should mount 15 min before the start of your lesson time to warm up).
Semi-Private Lessons: 2 riders, 50 min. Recommended for beginner or advanced riders.
Group Lessons: 4 - 5 riders, 50 min. Recommended for advanced beginner and above level riders. Riders will be group based on age and ability and all lessons are progressive.
NEW - Saddle Up Program
- The program will run 1x/week for the full session
- Riders will be here for 2 hours total and participate in a horsemanship lesson and a group riding lesson (max 4 riders), in addition to supervised time tacking up and untacking before and after the riding lesson.
- We will have additional staff/volunteers assisting to safely accommodate beginners in a group lesson setting.
- This program is for non-riders (no formal experience), up to a strong beginner (walk, trot, small amounts of canter)
- All of our lessons are progressive, with lesson plans tailored to the level of each rider. Should riders choose to continue year-round, the class can continue as a regular group lesson for the remainder of the school year.
- Depending on interest and rider availability, we will likely run this program on Saturday & Sunday afternoons and one or two evenings during the week.
- The cost will be $65.00 per class, $975.00 for weekdays (15 classes), $910 for weekends (14 classes)